September 6, 2010

her favorite::the drawer




first i was fighting her off, i didn't want her to spill oil on her cloths! i didn't want to take the risk of having to clean up a vinegar spill on the kitchen floor! i didn't want to have her drink from the cooking wine! i didn't want to spend energy and time on having my eyes on her handling the glass bottles!

but as you see with your own eyes i caved. she loves that drawer with all the oils and vinegars, the different liquids i need in the kitchen for cooking delicious meals.
and i'm fine, now that i know it is not the world end when she drinks a big gulp of olive oil. the experience made me believe the glass bottle, holding the "balsamico de modena", is strong enough to slip out of her hands onto the tile floor and not brake (this happened at least a dozen times), i do not have to dive all across the kitchen to catch it...

i have been able to change and not be on edge about this drawer. and i'm thankful for it, it makes my life a lot easier and if an accident happens, there are rags, there is water and my hands will be able to clean quickly the mess produced unintentionally. and meanwhile, she learns so much it is all worth it.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Oh I love this one, Daniella! Wonderful philosophy and so inspiring, I hope to keep it close to my heart. I had to share that the photo from above really shows me how much T looks like N! I've never seen that resemblance before. Thanks for sharing.