April 19, 2010

chicken coop workers...

on saturday my brother in law and his kids showed up with a big crate of power tools...
joel went out to get all the necessary materials and mid morning the crew started out with a good look at the already existing platform and then got to work...


measuring out the side panels and front.


working on the little gates where the chickens will hop into their laying boxes.


screwing the hinges onto the back doors.


and one door got a cool chicken cut out, more photos to be coming soon.

it was a full day on my end, cooking lunch for 18 people and dinner for 13. having lot's of kids around and in the house, guests coming and going. o well i love hosting people and it was nice seeing out living room being used. sunday was the opposite and that was nice. we payed our friends a visit, stayed for lunch and dinner and the kids loved their yard, i loved the fact that i didn't have to do anything, just sit, eat, walk a bit and enjoy the people! thank you d & r.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I have read what you wrote. That's a awesome article and I found the article very helpful. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful article on the blog. I found that my article/blog post here which is Building a chicken coop is really on the subject let me know what you think about it?